Recipe (12 servings 12 small round zucchinis)
50 g lean salt pork [petit salé maigre]
50 g rice [riz]
100 g parmesan [parmesan]
1 onion [oignon]
bread crumbs [chapelure]
2 eggs [oeuf]|
1 clove garlic [ail]
6 leaves basil [basilic]
olive oil for cooking [huile d'olive]
salt, pepper [sel, poivre]
(Same as the generic stuffing)
1. Cut the stem off close and clean, wash and dry the zucchinis. Quarter the onion, put it in a pot of un-salted water and bring to a boil. Blanch the zucchinis in the boiling water for 15 minutes.
2. Slice each zucchini in half horizontally and clean out the contents with a spoon, being very careful not to poke a hole through the skin.
3. Prepare the stuffing (farce):
- Cook and drain the rice.
- Chop the zucchini contents and mix in the blanched onion quarters, meat, garlic and basil.
- Mix thoroughly, then add in the beaten eggs, rice and grated parmesan.
4. Stuff the zucchini halves, sprinkle the bread crumbs on top and put them in an oiled oven dish. Bake in a medium oven for 45 minutes.
|Conversions||30 g = 1 oz = 2 Tbs||180 g = 6 oz = 3/4 cup|
|1 kg = 2.2 lbs||1 lt = 1.06 qt||60 g = 2 oz = 1/4 cup||225 g = 8 oz = 1 cup|
|0.45 kg = 1 lb||0.95 lt = 1 qt||115 g = 4 oz = 1/2 cup||450 g = 16 oz = 1 pint|