Fun Sites Midi-Pyrénées Region
Amusements and things to do in the Midi-Pyrénées Region of southwest France.
Beaucens - Haute-Pyrénées (65400)
In the Pyrénées, 15 km south of Lourdes; 5 km southeast of Argelès-Gazost
Le Donjon des Aigles
- Spectacle with large birds of prey, at an 11th-century feudal castle.
- Location: 11, Rue du Courrier
- Open: Every afternoon from Spring vacations to Sept, 15h30 and 17h; August: 15h, 16h30, 18h.
- Tel: 0562 971 959
- A collection of over 45 species of birds of prey, and a wildbird show of international fame.
Rocamadour - Lot (46500)
Eagle Rock - Le Rocher des Aigles
- Spectacle with birds of prey in free flight, and a show with parrots.
- Open: April through October
- Entry: 8 euros
- Tel: 0565 336 545, or 0565 653 906
- Web: www.rocherdesaigles.com
- Their website is very fancy; doesn't work with Firefox and Mac.
Grotte Préhistorique des Merveilles
- Cave drawings
- Open: Apr-June 10h-12, 14h-18. July-Aug 9h-19h. Sept-Nov 10h-12h, 14h-18.
- Closed: Nov after Toussaint until end March.
- Tel: 0565 336 792; Fax: 0565 33 67 92
- Beautiful subterranean caves, with 20,000 year-old cave drawings, from the late paleolithic.