Saint Remy-de-Provence Museums
Saint Remy-de-Provence has a great selection of museums to visit and tours to take. A good start would be to visit the Office de Tourism, in the paking lot just south of the old town (a 5-minute walk out Ave Pasteu or Ave Durand Maillane). You can pick up maps and brochures, and check on the times of the next guided tours.
Archeology Museum - Musée Archéologique
- Greek and Roman artifacts from Glanum; prehistoric room
- Location: Rue du Parage, in the 15th-century Hotel de Sade
- Open: Apr-Dec; 1-hr guided visits In June 2007 this was marked "For reasons of security the Hotel de Sade is closed to the public". No dates or other information is given.
- Tel: 0490 926 404
Aromas of Provence - Musée des Aromes de Provence
- Perfumes and distillery museum, Laboratory Florame
- Location: 34 Bvd Mirabeau
- Open: 10h-12h, 15h-18h; guided visit by reservation
- Tel: 0490 924 870; Fax: 0490 92 48 80
Collegiale Saint Martin - Grand Orgue (Organ)
- Organ concerts, on this 5000-pipe organ, are given every Saturday, 17h30, from June-Sept.
Hotel Estrine - Van Gogh
- Hommage to Vincent Van Gogh. and expositions of contemporary artists
- Location: The 18th-century hotel is in the old village
- Open: Mar-Dec, Tue-Sun: 10h-12h, 15h-19h
- Tel: 0490 923 472
- Guided Tour - The Time of Nostradamus - 1h30
- Open: Fri: 10h, by reservation at the Office de Tourisme
- Languages: English, French, German, Provençal
Notre Dame de Pitie Chapelle
- Paintings and portraits in a 12th-13th century chapel
- Open: Oct-Mar: 10h30-12h30; Apr-Sept: 10h30-12h30, 15h-19h
Pyramide Farmhouse - Mas de la Pyramide
- A 20m high carved stone; presentation of Roman and Pre-Roman stone work
- Location: Located at the Roman quarry of Glanum.
- Open: Summer: 9h-12h, 14h-19h; Winter: 9h-12h, 14h-17h
- Tel: 0490 920 081
- This 12th-century ex-monastery is now a "maison de santé", famous for having housed Vincent Van Gogh (1889-1890) and Doctor Albert Schweitzer (1914-1918)
- Location: Beside the Roman site of Glanum, about 800 m south of St Remy. You can park there, or it's about a 20-minute walk out from the Office de Tourism.
- Open: 9h-12, 14h-18h
- Entry: 4 euros
- Monastery Saint-Paul-de-Mausole (Provence-Beyond page)
Van Gogh Sites Tour
- Guided Tour of Sites Painted by Van Gogh - 1h30
- Open: Tue and Thur: 10h; Sat: 10h, 17h, by reservation at the Office de Tourisme
- Languages: English, French, German, Provençal, Spanish
Alpilles Museum - Musée des Alpilles
- Arts et Traditions populaires: costumes, furniture, local crafts, santons, minerals from the Alpilles, Nostradamus documents.
- Location: Place Favier
- Open: Apr-June, Sept-Oct: 10h-12h, 14h-18h July-Aug: 10h-12h, 15h-20h Nov-Dec: 10h-12h, 14h-17h
- Closed: 1 mai et 25 décembre; mois de janvier et février
- Entry: free
- Tel: 0490 920 810