History of La Tour-d'Aigues
First record, Known as Les Turris (The Towers) and the property of Béranger from 1002 to 1018.
Prehistoric: Neolithic artifacts, including a bronze ax, were found in a valley to the east. Two Neolithique sites have been excavated in this region: Axes and adzes were found at Rougas, and at La Gassaude (4 km east) a bronze ax was discovered.
Gallo-Roman: A Roman alter dedicated to Mars was found here.
Medieval: From the earliest know owner, Béranger - 1002 to 1018, La Tour-d'Aigues had an obscure succession that included Sabran (1240), D'Agoult (1410) and the Baron de Bolliers (16th century).
Tel : 04 90 07 50 29; Fax: 04 90 07 35 91
• GPS: 43.726007, 5.548021
IGN (1/25,000) #3243 OT "Pertuis, Lourmarin"
Didier Richard (1/50,000) #14 "Luberon, Sainte-Victoire"
Transportation La Tour-d'Aigues
Department 84, Vaucluse Buses
- See Beyond's Bus Schedules Page 2: Vaucluse Department for downloading Vaucluse bus-lines map [Plan global des lignes] and bus-line schedules [pdf for each line] (link for PDF files).
• Avignon has train or bus connections to Aix-en-Provence, Arles, Nîmes, Saint Remy-de-Provence, Paris.
• Cavaillon has bus connections to Aix-en-Provence, Arles, Saint Remy-de-Provence.
• Pertuis has bus connections to Aix-en-Provence and Marseille.